Thank you for joining us for the May Pals Blog Hop and our annual retirement party! It’s time to say goodbye to stamps and accessories that will not be available in the new 2013-14 Stampin’ Up! catalog. Although it’s always sad to see wonderful products retire, it is exciting to think about all of the new products that will soon be available. So enjoy the farewell tour for our favorite retiring products – and remember you have until June 3rd to order from the retiring product lists.
You should have just left stop number 30 on the Pals Hop – The Love of Stamping – Barbara Furlong. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
I am so excited!!! 2013 has been a season of firsts for me. Today I am participating in my first ever Blog Hop. I have had an opportunity to visit all of my fellow hopper’s sites, and I am so impressed by all of their inspirational creations.
I am extremely fortunate to be affiliated with such talented artists!!!
As we transition to our new catalog, and say goodbye to some of our much loved retiring products, I debated over which I wanted to highlight for today’s project. So in true Elaine fashion, I didn’t pick just one.
Those of you, who know me personally, know I LOVE tea. Tea cups, tea parties, tea rooms the whole antiquated Jane Austen, Royal Family romance of it all. I collect tea cups, vintage linens and basically anything relating to tea time in general. Stamps are no exception and retiring this year is the most beautiful tea stamp set “Tea Shoppe”.
For this project, I decide to create these quaint tea envelopes that can be carried with you, so you can enjoy a cup of tea, whenever the opportunity presents itself. These also make great inclusions in care packages, get well cards and as party favors.
I combined the Tea Shoppe stamp set with retiring color pretty in pink (love this pink) and retiring embossing folder Elegant Lines. If you can only choose one of these retiring items, I would recommend the embossing folder, because it is the most versatile, but if you feel like indulging, the stamp set is phenomenal.
I can’t wait to see your favorite retiring items, or what you create with mine.
Base: 3.5 x 11 (Scored at 3.5, 3.75, 7.25 & 7.5) – Pretty in Pink
Exterior Matte: 2.5 x 2.5 – Basic Black
Exterior Matte: 2.25 x 2.25 – Whisper White
Interior Matte: 3 3/8 x 3 3/8 (2) – Basic Black
Interior Matte: 3.25 x 3.25 (2) – Whisper White
Center Pocket: 3.5 x 2 – Pretty in Pink (Scored at .25 on 3 sides)
Stamp Set Used: Stampin’ Up! © Tea Shoppe
Ink Pads Used: Pretty in Pink and Basic Black
Punch: Modern Label and Lace Ribbon
Miscellaneous: Rhinestones (2), Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals
This is the last stop on the Pals Blog Hop. I’ve had a blast and hope you have too! If you wish to start the hop again from the beginning click the next button which will take you to the first stop on our hop, Stampin’ Sunshine – Sherrie Gross! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month!
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Amy Williams at Stampin’ on the Range
- Kathleen Law at Craft With Kathleen
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Kari Linder at Stampin’ Essentials
- nicole watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Lynn Hoyt at Cattail Designs
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Amy Lazzell at Just a Thought…Cards by Amy
- Leslie Davis at Life’s Moments
- Kim Czenszak at LiveLoveStamp
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
- Debbie Mageed at Scrappin’ and Stampin’
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Penny Nichols at Sierra Stampin!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin’ Affair
- Shirley Sumption at look at my cute stuff
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Barbara Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Elaine Fleming at Studio Elaine